Sunday, January 26, 2014

MIMMI WELÉN


Mimmi Welén biography from  Lily and Parker´s blog.
Everyone who knows Mimmi Welen also knows she is the most gorgeous, nicest, coolest and kindest girl in the world, and apart from being all of that, she is also an Event planner, PR Manager and Freelance Hairstylist based in London.

Mimmi Welen, 23 was born in a tiny town in Sweden – Dalarna. When she was 16, she moved to Stockholm to attend a hairdressing school. After graduating at 19, she worked for a while before deciding to leave Stockholm for London to attend the Vidal Sassoon Academy.

After graduating from Vidal Sassoon’s Academy Mimmi landed a job as a stylist at BLOWW salon. ‘It was an incredible hair salon with professional hairdressers, and I can still remember how happy I was when I got that job’ Mimmi says.

After a year at BLOWW, Mimmi started as a self empolyed stylist at HOB’s flagship salon in Camden. HOB salons is a salon with many rewards behind them. Most recently they won the title ‘The best hair salon of the year 2013′.

Today Mimmi lives in a three storey flat in central London. She runs her own event company, is PR Manager at Cercle Prive, studies business/management at ICON college and works as a freelance hairstylist part-time. ‘I’ve always liked to have many balls in the air and London is a good city to constantly develop yourself‘ Mimmi says.

And it seems like London is the city for Mimmmi. ‘The move to London was one of the best choices I ever done, I am completely in love with this city and all the unique people I have met during my years i London’